Search Specimen Collection Manual
PMS Specimen Submission Instructions
Routine Histology Testing
- Show Remaining Articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
Non–Gynecologic Cytology Testing
Gynecologic Cytology Testing
See Specimen Submission Instructions for test requisition, specimen labeling and specimen packaging requirements.
- Submit fresh (if cultures are ordered) or in Cytolyt.
- Specimen must be produced from a deep cough (mucus/saliva is not an adequate specimen).
- Fresh specimens must be refrigerated and transported on ice/cold pack.
- Cytolyt can be transported at ambient temperature.
Table of Contents